Commercial Wildfire Loss Training
Duration: 1.5 hours (Approx. 20-25 minutes per module)
Pre-requisite: Back to the Basics: Wildfire training
This four-part training will give you the knowledge and skills to identify, evaluate, and understand how commercial building components perform during a wildfire.
What you will learn:
- How the building and the space around it can be designed to reduce wildfire risk.
- How to identify the importance of roof cover systems, flashing, and gutters, the building envelope, and defensible space in reducing building ignition risk.
- How to recognize best practices for resilient construction, retrofit opportunities, and required maintenance for these systems to best protect a building from a wildfire.
- How to recognize how each defensible space zone can protect a building from a wildfire.
Who will benefit from the training:
- Commercial Lines Loss Control team
- Product Management
*Note: Once you begin the course, do not clear your browser’s cookies. This is what saves your place should you want to come back to finish the training at a later date. When returning, click Resume (not Restart).
HOW TO IMPLEMENT ONLINE TRAINING:
These facilitation guides are for a Training Manager or the leader/manager of a team who would benefit from online training course:
1) BEFORE YOUR TEAM TAKES THE ONLINE TRAINING: Training tips to implement this course with your company
2) AFTER YOUR TEAM TAKES THE ONLINE TRAINING: Provides next steps for incorporating the material just learned into activities and reflection questions for meaningful team discussions.