Back to the Basics: Hurricanes Training
This module will provide a basic meteorological explanation of what hurricanes are, explore the threats they bring and identify the damage they cause to communities and the built environment. Having a better understanding of these severe weather events is key to preventing avoidable suffering and supporting thriving communities.
What you will learn:
- Provides basic meteorological explanations
- What is a hurricane
- How to measure hurricanes
- Myth busting for common misinformation
- Hurricane threats to life and property
- How to identify the damage they cause
- How to prevent hurricane damage
Who will benefit from the training:
- Product Development/Management
- Social Media Strategists
- Any other person at a member company who may be interested in learning more
*Note: Once you begin the course, do not clear your browser’s cookies. This is what saves your place should you want to come back to finish the training at a later date. When returning, click Resume (not Restart).