Hurricane Social Resources
- Before the severe weather arrives, close your interior doors. Closing your doors can reduce pressure on your roof by up to 30% giving it a better chance of staying intact during high winds.
- Before severe storms arrive, gather up loose items outside that could become flying debris.
- Be sure to have at least 3 ways to receive severe weather alerts, including an option that can be heard through a “Do Not Disturb” setting and options that can be used without electricity and wireless service.
- Documenting your belongings is easier before a storm. If you have a loss due to a hurricane, you’ll have to itemize your losses for your insurance company. Create a detailed list or video of your belongings and store it somewhere safely offsite.
- Is your home #HurricaneReady? Consider tackling a project, like caulking cracks and gaps, this weekend to get your home ready.
- If a storm strikes, are you covered? #HurricaneSeason is here and now is the time to review your insurance policy and document belongings. #HurricaneReady
- Replacing or repairing a roof takes time. #HurricaneSeason has arrived and time is running out to prepare before the next storm strikes. If you need a new roof, consider a @FORTIFIEDHome Roof. ibhs.org/hurricaneready
- Hurricane season is here! Protect your home with a stronger FORTIFIED Roof today and worry less this hurricane season. ibhs.org/hurricaneready #HurricaneReady
- Need a new roof for hurricane season? Invest in a stronger, more resilient @FORTIFIEDHome Roof. ibhs.org/hurricaneready #HurricaneReady
- Preparing for #HurricaneSeason doesn’t have to cost a fortune. Get started with affordable projects available at ibhs.org/hurricaneready #HurricaneReady
- What would it cost to add wind straps or hurricane straps to a home? @IBHS_Org has the answer at ibhs.org/hurricaneready. #HurricaneReady
- Can you see daylight around your windows? Better fix that before a hurricane! Find out how at ibhs.org/hurricaneready. #HurricaneReady
- Is your business #HurricaneReady? A great time to start protecting your property is now! Get your business prepared with these steps ahead of the storm to help reduce property damage https://disastersafety.org/hurricane/commercial-ready/.
- Each year, hurricanes threaten the coast with damaging winds and rain. Whether you’re preparing for hurricane season or an approaching storm, @IBHS_org has science-backed tips to help. Prepare now and be #CommercialReady: https://disastersafety.org/hurricane/commercial-ready/.
- Of businesses that close because of a hurricane, at least one in four never reopens. Make sure your business is #HurricaneReady.
- If a #hurricane is on the way, follow these last-minute steps to reduce damage to your business: https://disastersafety.org/hurricane/last-minute-hurricane-prep-for-your-business/. #HurricaneReady #CommercialReady
- Take the important steps needed to keep functioning in the event of a storm. Prepare ahead of time with @IBHS_org’s OFB-EZ (Open for Business-EZ) toolkit. https://ibhs.org/BusinessDisasterRecovery/
- Business Owners: Is your building prepared for the next storm? Use @IBHS_Org’s EZ-PREP Toolkit to follow steps to reduce damage and better protect your property. https://ibhs.org/BusinessDisasterRecovery/