Thunderstorm Ready Social Resources
How to use the graphics on your social platforms:
- Right click to download the image
- Upload the image(s) to some or all of your favorite social platforms
- Drive your social followers to thunderstorm-ready.com to learn how to upgrade their home or business
- Hashtag examples for the text: #ThunderstormReady, #ScienceWorks, #MitigationMatters
- Suggested text:
- Spring severe weather is coming, help get your business #ThunderstormReady. From larger building maintenance projects to smaller weekend tasks, get started now at thunderstorm-ready.com.
- Is your business #ThunderstormReady? Small businesses play a vital role in communities, which is why we’ve compiled science-backed guidance to help them prepare for spring severe weather. thunderstorm-ready.com
- Is your home prepared for spring severe weather? @AnneCopeIBHS says simple projects proven in the lab and field to be effective at reducing damage can help you Be #ThunderstormReady.Learn more at thunderstorm-ready.com.
- Trim Trees – Trees in your yard could pose a threat to your home during high winds. Remove branches that overhang the house and any dead, dying, or diseased trees. Find more ways to protect your home at Thunderstorm-ready.org #BeThunderstormReady
- Steel Gutters – Protect your home against the next thunderstorm. Steel is stronger than its more popular counterparts, vinyl and aluminum. In hail-prone regions, upgrade to steel products, which are more durable against hail impacts and less likely to leak. #BeThunderstormReady #Hail
- Shingles – Your roof is your home’s first line of defense against severe weather. Consider choosing shingles rated Good or Excellent by @disastersafety: https://ibhs.org/hail/shingle-performance-ratings. #BeThunderstormReady #Hail
- Garage Doors – Garage doors are one of the most vulnerable parts of the home in high winds. When they fail it can start a cascade of damage. Wind-rated garage doors have been tested to show they can withstand winds likely in your area. Learn more from @disastersafety at disastersafety.org/garagedoor.
As always, these graphics are available for co-branding. Please contact IBHS Membership Coordinator Sherry Melton (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.